This patient information on Paraben Mix is provided by John L. Meisenheimer, M.D. a board certified Dermatologist and skin care specialist based in Orlando, Florida. This information is not intended as a substitute for the medical advice or treatment of a dermatologist or other physician.
The results from your patch testing showed a positive reaction (contact allergy) to Paraben mix. Your immune system reacts with its defense mechanisms with each exposure of Paraben Mix to your skin. It is unknown why certain individuals develop allergic sensitivities. In some it may take repeat exposures over long periods of time before an allergy develops. Once you have become sensitized (allergic) your immune system always "remembers" and you will be Paraben sensitive. If you currently have eczema this chemical may be the cause but other factors may play a role as well. The information below will help you avoid this allergen.
These preservatives are commonly found in cosmetics and skin care products.
Where is chemical found?
Frozen dairy products
Marinated fish products
Quick-dry nail products
Hints on avoiding chemical:
Choose products listed only on your personalized Contact allergen database which has been provided to you. Products listed on your contact allergen resource database will be free of Paraben mix and safe to use.
Please be aware that if your spouse or significant other topical skins care products that contain this chemical skin to skin transfer may occur to you.
It may take 2 to 3 weeks of avoiding exposures before improvement of your eruption begins.
Other names you may see this chemical listed as: