Imagine a practice where the doctor still sees Patients and a receptionist (not a computer directory)
answers the phone. Call us for an appointment at 407-352-2444
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE ATOPIC CHILD
- Avoid woolen blankets.
- Feather pillows should be avoided, use foam rubber.
- Foam rubber mattresses are permitted.
- All other mattresses should be sealed in rubberized covering.
- Clothing close to the skin should be non-irritating.
- Avoid wool next to the skin.
- Wash all new clothing before wearing.
- Avoid fuzzy stuffed toys or woolen toys.
- Toys made of, cotton, wood, rubber, plastic or paper are permitted.
It is best not to allow dogs, cats or birds in the house.
- Protect the child from exposure to all kinds of dust.
- Frequent dusting of bedroom decreases exposure.
- Tension and nervous excitement may cause child to itch.
- Be careful not to be over restrictive, let a child be a child.
- Most patients get worse in the winter due to dryness and heating.
- Humidifiers are helpful.
- Once daily is adequate.
- Many do best bathing every other day.
- Avoid frequent bathing.
- Use Dove soap and apply moisturizer after the bath while skin is moist. For moisturizer recommendations click here.
© John “Lucky” Meisenheimer, M.D. 2019 WWW.OrlandoSkinDoc.com